Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Is it possible to transfer custom data from a project to issues that you manually add to the project?

Level 4

To make up for the lack of a level of hierarchy between Program and Project, we use "umbrella" projects, and add issues to them for each possible deliverable. Most issues are converted into (sub-)projects. The umbrella allows us to easily navigate to all related projects—this is preferable to running a report for various reasons. I would like to know if there is a way to copy over the custom form data from the umbrella project to each manually-entered issue, so that I do not have to enter it manually. I know I can do it through calculated fields, but since I need to be able to report on this data, I do not want a calculated field replacing an existing reporting field.

The most common example for us is for event collateral. The umbrella would be XYZ event, and the issues might be XYZ event save the date, invitation, program, etc. We would set up the umbrella and add all of the initially requested deliverables as issues. When the deliverables are confirmed, they are converted to projects.

Thank you,

Shawn

0 Replies