Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Is it possible to make bulk assignments using Workload Balancer, for example, filter unassigned work by design role and assign all resulting tasks to a single designer, or can only one task be assigned at a time?

Level 6

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Employee

Hey there, Catherine!

So as it stands today, there is not a way to bulk assign people in the Workload Balancer, but I hear there are plans to add that functionality further along in the roadmap.

I don't know if it would work for your use case, but you could try bulk assigning users using the scheduling tool, or you can also bulk assign tasks within a project by clicking the box next to the tasks and then clicking "edit task".

Kyna

Level 6

Hi @Kyna Baker - inactive‚ thanks for help. Our Resource Mgr is currently working between 'Can Start' reporting and bulk scheduling within a project. We're trying to migrate her from that to Workload Balancer and her only pushback was around bulk scheduling. Given the volume of her work, I can see her point that her current system is more efficient.

I'll keep an eye out for this functionality down the line.

Level 1

Considering there are plans to completely deprecate the 'Scheduling' section next year, this needs to be added to the Workload Balancer. We use this extensively to assign dozens of tasks to a single user via role, and losing this option would make assigning tasks on a project into a very time-consuming prospect.

Level 4

I agree! This is the only thing that is keeping us from using the Workload Balancer. I reached out to support recently and asked when this functionality would be available and this was the response:

"I was able to double-check on this feature. It is confirmed not to currently be available in the Workload Balancer. This is planned to be added sometime next year, but that's as much information as I have at this time."

So ... not really much help, but thought I'd share any way.

Community Advisor

I agree, Brad & Amy. I currently bounce back and forth between the workload balancer and the scheduling tool within each project, while having the Resource Management tool open on another display. Hope this is coming soon!

Employee

Hi all,

Bulk assignments is coming to Workload Balancer with 22.1 release.

Thanks all for your patience :)

Level 6

There are a lot of people doing the Dance of Happiness because of this news!!! Thanks @Ani Mkrtchyan‚ 😃