Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Is anyone using a queue to manage IT Helpdesk tickets?

Level 4

We are moving forward with using a queue to manage IT helpdesk tickets, but I'm curious if anyone has tips for success or warnings for roadblocks they have encountered.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

We do this at my company. One thing that went very well is having a "Support Request" button on our Intranet Home page that takes you to a request that already has the IT Helpdesk Queue selected. It makes it more like populating a form and clicking submit.

Just like any other system, you'll need a backup method for people whose problem is they can't get into Workfront. I'm sure you already thought of that but just in case.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 5

We encountered issues with Active Directory and Workfront (Classic) that meant we were not able to use the queue approval process to automatically path it to users supervisors without manually maintaining the organizational changes/alignments within Workfront. However these weren't for the help desk tickets but for the bigger companywide IT projects.

For our Creative Support tickets we just used a queue pool with specified people having access to self assign and/or managers able to assign to others. This was set up as a request queue to a job where the requests remain requests within a job (are not converted to jobs or tasks themselves).

Correct answer by
Level 6

We do this at my company. One thing that went very well is having a "Support Request" button on our Intranet Home page that takes you to a request that already has the IT Helpdesk Queue selected. It makes it more like populating a form and clicking submit.

Just like any other system, you'll need a backup method for people whose problem is they can't get into Workfront. I'm sure you already thought of that but just in case.

Level 4

Thank you, Chloe, this is helpful! I did not know you could direct users specifically to the IT Helpdesk queue. I thought you could only direct them to Requests.