Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Inaccessible project hours in the Workload Balancer

Level 5

I am logged in as a resource manager in Supply Chain - she should see all projects/hours her team is on, but some projects don't show up because they are "inaccessible" - see screenshot.

Is there a best practice way to set up projects in Workfront so resource managers always see the projects their team members are on (or at least just their tasks/task planned hours)? In this case, as sys admin, I can go in and see that the inaccessible project is a project led by a different department, where these Supply Chain members just have a couple of tasks in the project.

Thank you!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You need to be listed as a Resource Manager on the Project Details. We get this done via training and inclusion on the project Templates.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

You need to be listed as a Resource Manager on the Project Details. We get this done via training and inclusion on the project Templates.

Level 10

Agree with @Kevin Quosig‚ . It is best in practice we found that the project manager name we can include in the template also. This saves time specially in case of person working as resource manager.

Mvh

Kundan.

Employee

Wanted to add here that setting a person as a Resource Manager might not work in a long run since there is a limitation of 30 RMs on aa project. However, the key here is the access to the project. By setting a user as a Resource Manager, that person gains Manage access to the project, which allows them to see the tasks and edit them. The actual field is not a requirement for Workload Balancer to show the information - just the project access is.

Personally I would recommend using template project sharing and project default sharing capabilities. The first one is available on a template page, via the 3 dot menu (screenshot 1)0694X00000DUsNPQA1.pngThe other option is available from the project sharing page (screenshot 2):

0694X00000DUsNjQAL.pngThe best option will be to go with template project sharing as that will allow to control sharing access per project template.