Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Importing new tasks using Kick-Starts

Level 2
I am trying to import a chunk of tasks using kick-starts. I can get the tasks in to the correct project, but I am apparently not using the right columns for start date, duration and planned hours. The columns I was trying to use (based on the Help Articles: Importing Data.. and Kick-Start Scenario) are: setDurationType setDurationUnit setPlannedDuration setPlannedStartDate setWorkUnit A D 21 09/07/2017 455 Does anyone know if these are incorrect? If so, does anyone know what the correct columns to use are? Thank you! Dagan Peterson Mountain West Farm Bureau MIC
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 8
I've never imported tasks using kick-starts. I just create a new project and import from MS Project (XML). If you want to import them into an existing project, once the import is successful move the tasks into the existing project then delete the now empty project that was created when they were imported. Barry Buchanan Work Management Australia

Level 8
On my task kickstart, I use these fields: setTaskConstraint (examples: ASAP, MSO, MFO, ALAP) setDuration setPlannedStartDate or setPlannedCompletionDate (depends on task constraint type) Adina Pierce Cisco

Level 10
Hi - try this for duration and planned hours (Work): David Cornwell

Level 2
Can you tell me what the difference between "setWork" snd "setWorkRequired" is? Dagan Peterson Mountain West Farm Bureau MIC

Level 9
Here are the columns I used when importing a large batch of tasks into a specific project: Start Date: setPlannedStartDate (we used a task constraint of Fixed Dates, so the start date was in conjunction with setPlannedCompletionDate) Duration: We have setDurationType as A and setDurationUnit as D too, but I think you will also need both setPlannedDuration AND setPlannedDurationMinutes (in minutes). These two fields also exist as setDuration and setDurationMinutes, not sure how these are different. Planned Hours: setWork for the hours, AND setWorkUnit = H for hours Hope this helps! abcdabcdabcdabcdabcdabcd Alison Wells, MBA Senior Business Analyst Corporate Information Systems Business Systems Group Community Administrative Support Building (CASB) 2530 Divisadero St, Fresno, CA 93721 Office: (559) 459-7008, Internal: x57008 Cell/Pager: (559) 287-6800 - WARNING/CONFIDENTIAL: - This email, including attachments, may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law (including, but not limited to, protected health information). It is not intended for transmission to, or receipt by, any unauthorized persons. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you believe this email was sent to you in error, do not read it. Reply to the sender informing them of the error and then destroy all copies and attachments of the message from your system. Thank you.

Level 1

Loving you right about now! Thanks for this! ❤️

Level 10
setWork is in hours and setWorkRequired is in minutes. Not sure if both are needed, but that's what I used. :) David Cornwell