Expand my Community achievements bar.

Impact of Migrating to Workfront Admin Console on Shared Mailboxes and User Groups

Level 2

Hi there,

We are on the cusp of migrating over to the new Workfront Adobe Admin console and are interested in knowing any impact it may have on shared mailboxes and user groups as well as how the new login process will manage first time and continuing logins for them.

Note: We are accessing directly through our WF url and not using SSO.

Thanks,

Doug

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 3

My best advice for you is to do a scoping call with the Primary Migration Support team at Workfront, and not rely solely on the advice of your separate Workfront Migration Case Support person, if you have one. We DO use SSO, and had meeting after meeting with our internal IT teams and Workfront to scope and sort out the impact it was going to have on our organization. I would just recommend not necessarily taking their word for it that it will be simple.

Level 4

I agree with this. The initial support people assigned to our migration just seemed like they wanted to force us into the migration as quickly as possible, even if it was going to cause issues for our users. Our migration was eventually escalated to another team in Adobe, and they were able to provide much clearer answers and are working on solutions to some of our specific problems.  We still haven't migrated, we're waiting for them to implement a piece of functionality around how single-sign-on is handled, but I think we're better prepared having talked to the second team.  

Level 2

Thanks for sharing your experience. On top of little notification - an email out of the blue - and tight timeline to implement there was one key "what the" for us - the new logon experience for non-SSO users and requirement for providing MM YY DOB when logging in for the first time post-migration. Due to the heavily regulated industry in which we operate I had to launch multiple compliance and risk review activities to ensure it did change the data classification already assigned to WF. 

Just out of curiosity, are you using Adobe or company SSO?

Cheers,

Doug

Level 3

We utilize OKTA company-wide, aside from our creatives who may utilize Adobe sign on just a bit differently than others to get to the suite of products.