Expand my Community achievements bar.

IF Statement Multiple Field Reference

Level 2
I'm having a problem where I wrote the following if statement for a report to look at the hour type description and if it's a standard task hour type description, I want to pull in a custom field for the employees cost center. What's weird is this expression works, except that when the if statement is true, the value displayed is the person's name, not their cost center. I know the reference to the cost center works because I am using it elsewhere. Anyone experiencing this or know why it's not looking at the second reference in my True field? valueexpression=IF({hourType}.{description}="Hours associated with a Task",{DE:owner:Cost Center},{hourType}.{description}) PS. I already tried changing it to the {field reference}.{field reference} format and that returns blanks for the entire column. Keaton Beyer
2 Replies

Employee Advisor
@Keaton Beyer If I understand your ask correctly, you are looking to have the Hour Owner's Cost Center display if TRUE and Hour Type Description display if FALSE. Should that be the case, you will want to adjust your value expression to the following: valueexpression=IF({hourType}.{description}="Hours associated with a Task", {owner}.{DE:Cost Center} ,{hourType}.{description}) Since owner and Cost Center are two different fields, you would need to separate them with {fieldname}.{fieldname} in your statement. If that doesn't work for you, or you have any questions, let me know! Nichole Vargas Workfront

Level 2
Thanks Nichole! That fixed it. I figured it was some syntax thing. Now I know how to reference user defined fields! Keaton Beyer