Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Idea Exchange Promotion

Level 5
Hi everyone! I've collapsed down a list of ideas that we have upvoted within our internal team and would appreciate your support too! Managing Tasks/Approvals Prevent Task from Being Marked as Complete If Required Fields on Custom Form Attached to the Task Are Blank Routing Custom Forms for Approval or Print to PDF Link Proof and Task approvals Task getting auto-approved when a Proof or Document associated with the Task is approved Managing Proofs Proof reviewer / approver delegation by current reviewer / approver Add/Edit Automated Proof Workflow from Inside the Proof Viewer New Proof: Change default from basic to automated Automated Proofs: Add option to create automated proofs as default or expose to API UX/Other/Admin Ability to export Custom Forms "https://community.workfront.com/discussions/community-home/digestviewer/Ability%20to%20report%20on%20issues,%20tasks,%20and%20projects%20together%20in%20one%20report" Ability to report on issues, tasks, and projects together in one report Allow screenshots in updates/comments Ability to convert the field type to another field type Make Custom Forms Appear as Tabs Implement Quick Pins for Custom Forms for shortcuts to Layout Templates New Home: Bring back Recent Updates I want to be able to set a default View/Filter/Grouping from Layout Template Ability to move from Sandbox to Production Mandatory logging of time on task Out of Office auto replies to directed updates Populate empty profile pictures with user's initials James Hill
285 Replies

Level 10
Programming Style Commenting in Text Mode https://experience.workfront.com/s/idea/0870z0000004W9hAAE/detail This would be a solution a great many problems for me when "fiddling" with work-arounds and trying-out changes to complex field/column setups, or filters and groups. I realized today I missed this common feature of programming/scripting languages. Kevin Quosig

Level 5
A couple of ideas for promotion: Custom form data accessible from more screens within projects. It would be great if the request data was more visible from document or proof review screens so the reviewers have context to what they're looking at. It'll also help give insight into how the document/proof relates to other assets being requested (our requesters can request several assets in one form that relate to one overall program, and each asset gets its own project). https://experience.workfront.com/s/idea/0870z000000PSvFAAW/detail Make the custom message on a proof accessible from the proof viewer and from WF. It currently only appears in the email notification and buried within 'proof details' section of WF. https://experience.workfront.com/s/idea/0870z0000004VooAAE/detail Janelle Hicks Lifespan Corporation

Level 5
Hi All, I bet it happened to at least some of you that there was an error in your calculation or a form functionality concept and you wanted to fix it retrospectively. Calculated fields don't recalculate after the object is completed. This fact makes it impossible to make this happen without distorting eg. Actual Project Completion Date and even if you decide to go ahead it's risky and cumbersome. Why not give it a chance at least on a System Admin level? Please give your vote for this: "Recalculate%20custom fields trigger for closed objects at least for Sys Admins" Recalculate custom fields trigger for closed objects at least for Sys Admins Thank you in advance for your votes! ImreMagyar VODAFONE Group

Level 10
Decimal Alignment on Columns of Numbers Really, software that deals with finances can't do this? https://experience.workfront.com/s/idea/0870z0000004WAQAA2/detail Kevin Quosig

Level 10
Yeah, I've obviously been very busy implementing our WF instance and running into issues during our pseudo-pilot... ;-) Guest WF Proof User Converted to "real" WF User Another one of those "really surprised no one noticed this"... https://experience.workfront.com/s/idea/0870z0000004WApAAM/detail Kevin Quosig

Community Advisor
I'm going to roll this one around again, please consider up-voting this if you haven't already. title= rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer" https://experience.workfront.com/s/idea/0870z000000PSAtAAO/detail currently it's impossible to accurately report on the actual duration of a task unless users are trained to not only click Work on It, but also change the task status when they actually start work on that task.

Level 5
Hi Heather, I actually contacted Workfront about this since its well past the threshold to be implemented and has been marked "Not Planned". They are not going to fix it because its old functionality tied to My Work. They want everyone to migrate to the new Home. So our only hope is that Workfront updates Home to be more user-friendly and have the same functions as My Work does. Aileen Aileen Taylor Cell Signaling Technology

Community Advisor
Hi Aileen, Thanks for the update. We are using the new Home already. I just created a new task for myself, clicked the Work on It button on Home and it still does not have an Actual Start Date. I then did the extra step of changing the task status and then the Actual Start Date populated. Hopefully they are planning to fix it in Home, but they haven't yet.

Level 5
Hi Heather, Well, that's sad news, it not on the roadmap and it won't be worked on by Workfront. I wonder if I was thinking Home and the developer meant the "New Experience" Aileen Aileen Taylor Cell Signaling Technology

Level 9
The responses from Workfront Support that I've seen on this topic indicate that this is "intended behavior"; that is, when you click "Work On It" you essentially announce, "I'm putting this in my queue, so the rest of you don't have to worry about it!" It does NOT indicate that you are starting the actual work. Maybe a change in labeling is in order--or better yet, relabel it and combine it with a second button? For example, provide one button that reads "Add to My Work" and one button that reads "Work On It Now." (Clicking "Work On It Now" would simultaneously add the task to your My Work/Home, set the task to In Progress, AND set the task's Actual Start Date.) I think that might be clearer to the average user. Eric Manning Language Line Translation Solutions

Level 5
Hi Alison, A lot of these older posts are now redirecting to the Experience homepage. How can I find them to upvote? Jazmin Allen-Collins Analog Devices, Inc.

Community Advisor
Aileen, I've tried it in the New Experience also, nothing new there. Eric, Ideally I'd love to be able to change something in setup so that when we click Work On It, it changes the status. I get that there are other companies that need the Work On It button to just mean 'I've got this' but they aren't actually working on it yet. But I'm not sure which would be easier on Workfront's dev side, an extra button or something to change in setup. While I'd rather change it in setup, I'd live with either. Jazmin, the search in the Experience homepage seems better than it was in the past, that's how I've been finding some of the older ones.

Community Advisor
Another idea I'd like upvoted... The typeahead field with the referenced object type of User is great, but it would be super helpful to be able to filter that field so the requester could only select a certain group or team of users. We have a field where we're still manually updating the list of users because we don't want the requester to be able to access ALL users. https://experience.workfront.com/s/idea/0870z000000XhS8AAK/detail

Community Advisor
Hi Heather! Is this what you're looking for? New functionality is now available in Preview! Log in to Preview today to try out the following features before they come to Production: Add a filter to a Typeahead field in a custom form Now, when you add a Typeahead field to a custom form, you can add a filter to limit the objects that are available when someone uses the field. Sheri Whitten Gordon Food Service

Level 10
Another one that leaves me scratching my head about what Workfront was thinking... Higher-Resolution Annotated PDF Export (from Workfront Proof) https://experience.workfront.com/s/idea/0870z000000XhSmAAK/detail Kevin Quosig

Level 5
What if the button gets an additional state? Like: Work On It -> I've Started (or something similar, apologies I'm not native or copywriter :P) -> Complete/Done with my par Work On It: I acknowledged taking this I've Started : I started working on it (Actual Start Date applied) Complete: Done with my part: closes off in my Timesheet Done: Actual Completion Date applied How do you Guys like this idea? Imi ImreMagyar VODAFONE Group

Level 5
Hi Imre, I'd suggest "Work On It" become "Accept Task", but most importantly it needs to be a reportable button. Project owners should be able to know the date someone clicks that button. Right now my team is so frustrated with that button not being reportable we'd accept any sort of improvement that Workfront comes up with as long as we can know when its clicked. Aileen Aileen Taylor Cell Signaling Technology

Level 5
Please upvote! Having preview text threads in the communication daily digest emails would be so much more helpful than just a list of projects that have comments. https://experience.workfront.com/s/idea/0870z000000XhT1AAK/detail Aileen Taylor Cell Signaling Technology

Level 9
Agreed, it needs to be reportable. It's essential to have a record of who grabbed which task(s) and when. Eric Manning Language Line Translation Solutions

Level 10
Hi Eric and Aileen, Not to talk you out of an excellent Idea Share suggestion, but while you're waiting for the "Work On It" action to become reportable, I invite you to consider creating a custom data parameter called "Who Clicked Work On It" with a calculation that watches for when the Assigned To is first filled in, and if that Assigned To ID matches the Last Update ID (implying that person just clicked Work On It...or assigned themselves, specifically; same deal), to then populate Who Clicked Work On It with their $$USER.name. Just a thought, untested, proceed with caution, no it's not perfect, and so forth...but in case it helps, I'd be pleased if it does. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore