Expand my Community achievements bar.

I know I asked this in the past but not finding the response. I have a formula in a calculated field on a custom form but the calculation is giving me the result of NA instead of a number

Level 4

Here is one of the formula's what am I doing wrong (believe it has to do with the {} or using single or double quotes‚): The 1. Request.... is the wording for another field in the form

IF({1. Request is mandated by an accreditation body} = "No", "0", IF({1. Request is mandated by an accreditation body} = "Yes but no deadline", "20", IF({1. Request is mandated by an accreditation body}= "Yes deadline less than 3 months", "100", IF({1. Request is mandated by an accreditation body}= "Yes deadline greater than 3 months", "50"))))

9 Replies

Level 4

I changed my calculation back to what it looked like when it was working but still getting "NA" results. Here is my new calculation:

IF({1. Request is mandated by an accreditation body} = "No", 0, IF({1. Request is mandated by an accreditation body} = "Yes but no deadline", 20, IF({1. Request is mandated by an accreditation body}= "Yes deadline less than 3 months", 100, IF({1. Request is mandated by an accreditation body}= "Yes deadline greater than 3 months", 50))))

This is for a scorecard that worked before

Community Advisor

Frank, I'm not getting NA results with your original formula. I've put your field in an issue custom form in my sandbox -- it's a dropdown -- and plugged your original formula into a "test" calculated field. It's working on my end. Can you be a bit more clear on where you're getting NA (or how it looks), since usually if a field doesn't work I think it just stays blank(?).

0690z000008KBeIAAW.png

Level 4

You must speak the magic words now it is working on my computer at home I wonder if it has something to do with my workstation at work. I will try to clear my cache when I get to work this morning to see if that helps.

If I can ask; I am trying to figure out the best way to write a formula to get a total score for my last question (see attached). Basically each checkbox is worth different points so if I select Medical that is worth 30 points and if I pick nurse its worth 20 points. If I check both its summed to be worth 50 points. Any suggestions.

Community Advisor

how weird! I will be interested to know whether clearing cache does work. Let me know.

And by the way did you ever resolve your other problem of not being able to see your custom form, and what was the solution for that?

No particular suggestions for your second question. I am actually not that great with calculations!! I would probably start by making six fields (one for each checkbox value) and then sum them. Less heartache for me and more chance of a successful answer (LOL)

Level 4

‚Almost there; Seem to still have an issue with Question #5 (attaching screenshot of results showing NA; would expect 0). Also including screen shot of calculation on the field. Started to do the calculation on the Multi-select Question so far so good.

The custom form issue not yet resolved; our administrator has a joint call with WorkFront Support today. Funny thing on that too. We tested by adding a new user and they saw all the forms but when we added them to the same group I am in they only see the same 2 forms I saw when selecting Setup, Custom Forms. Here is the funny part at first I could add a form and not see it after getting out but now I see all new forms I create.

I hope this gets resolved during their call today.

Community Advisor

how strange! I would probably take the calculation off, recalculate the empty field, put the calculation back in and recalculate the field again. Have no idea what is causing that.

PS didn’t see the screenshot of the calculation but i’m sure it’s fine

Level 4

‚I found out I am the strange one, the wording on the calculation for the selection did not match the selection for the question so since the answer was not part of the calculations the answer was saying NA. Appreciate you suffering through this process and helping me; always good to have a second look and someone else to help find the error of your ways.

Level 4

‚Another question; I am doing this all in our SBOX. Do you know has it been setup yet where I can export the custom form or save it to our production environment or will I need to go through rebuilding this again in our Production?

Community Advisor

no. You will need to rebuild again or buy AtAppStore’s packages solution.