Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to use Workfront as a hybrid with waterfall and agile?

Level 1

It seems the WF Agile teams is depreciated, and it seems that boards is not yet matured (There is the formal Boards, where you create connected boards, and you have the boards view in your waterfall project for example). I may be simply misinformed, but I am struggling to use Workfront in a hybrid way. Having both Waterfall and Agile in one.   I am wondering what guidance Adobe has for using Workfront in a hybrid approach presently in 2024. 

It there a means using the Board View native to the waterfall Workfront view, to show only those tasks you wish to be available for the boards view?  Microsoft Project has a view/column so you can decide if a task can be visible on the boards view.  The benefit, given in Workfront, the board is not searchable, would be to have limited tasks to sort through, which would would move through the board stages.  Allowing for managing a sprint for just those tasks.    It would bridge the gap for when Agile becomes matured in Workfront. 

Happy to go through any tutorials, or documents, but I have found one.  I did find a marketing video, just not a video/document.  how to actually manage hybrid

2 Replies

Level 4

Hi @JJH00068 
If you want to use the Waterfall methodology in WF Project, then gather all the required information and start implementing. in the end you can deploy them using manually.

If you want to use the Azile methodology in WF Project, then please plan the deployments for every 3-4 months by using the automation deployment.

Also, while using the Azile, segregate each and everything for the deployment.

Eg: Forms can be deployed using utilities, projects have to deployed manually.

Thanks,

Venkat 

Level 1
Venkat,

Thank you for your response.  What I am hoping to see is how to do hybrid which combines waterfall and agile, where you have both in one project.  Boards View is seems somewhat limited, columns can't be controlled/added on the fly, backlog can't be searched in view, hierarchies traversed etc.   I can't do a sprint break out in that view.  I can't filter out what specifically is in the back log, meaning filtering out the waterfall tasks, so that I have an easy way to make a sub set of tasks for a given sprint.   I know that is a lot of "I can't(s)"  In one sentence, I still assume I am missing something obvious.

That said, credit to a colleague, it looks like making sub projects spun off the main may be the only way to run an agile event off the main project.  I will put some time into developing around that.  If there is a better way in the tool to do this, I would love to be pointed in that direction re Hybrid.  If not, I will look to future releases.

Thank you again.

Regards,