Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

How to Retrieve Custom Reports Data in Workfront Using API

Level 1

I'm currently exploring Workfront's API capabilities to fetch custom report data. On landing a specific Custom Reports in Workfront

we could see this endpoint

https://XXX.XXX.workfront.com/internal/qslist

to retrieve data in json.

I'm now looking to extract specific column data for a custom report using API.

For instance, I've used the following API call to obtain details about a particular report:

https://XXX.XXX.workfront.com/attask/api/v15.0/report/search?ID=53698780012d3d1fe021cee58a6e6e2&fiel...

This call returns information about the report itself but doesn't provide details about the columns present in the tables of that report.

The columns I'm interested in retrieving data for include:

Name,Assignments,Requester,Priority,Status,Entry,Full,Tactic ID etc...

Could someone guide me on how to retrieve data for these columns using the Workfront API? Any insights or examples would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10

Hello sudhin,

this depends on what kind of fields you are expecting.

Using the query parameter fields=['*'] will provide you with most of the fields you find in the API-Explorer under Report in the tab fields.

As you already have noticed, those fields only show information about the report and its setup, but not the data it will show in the UI.

I am quite sure, that this would require a lot more work, as e.g. the fields filterID, groupByID and viewID reference to the necessary information to get what you need and the data is fetched based on this.

So you will have to re-create the filters used in the report in your API call as described here.

Regards

Lars