Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How to get the root documents and folders

Level 1

So basically I want to get the root documents and root folders without getting both of them at the same request. By calling just the endpoint "/docfdr" I can get the documents and folders together. (I am not sure if this is a bug or a feature...) I know that I can filter the ones I want out, but the problem is that the request I send has also a $$LIMIT and that would affect both types (if there is also a possibility to limit just one type of them, then that would be ok too!) - In my case I only want to limit the documents of this request. Is there an endpoint or a solution for that? Thank you in advance!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Andreas,

That's interesting: when I run call /docfdr only folders are returned. Perhaps our environments and/or files are set up differently.

Regards,

Doug

Hi Doug,

well that is kind of weird. And how do you actually get the root content (documents and folders)? Because it seems to be that you can also add/create documents (no folders) inside the root level, which is my folders. Or did I understand sth wrong?

Level 10

Hi Andreas,

To retrieve (just) documents, I'd call /docu which then returns documents regardless of folder (including those in the root of an object, such as a Project).

Regards,

Doug