Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How to display a task date in the column on a task report?

Level 10

I can't find the error in this syntax. This should work. Please review and help me to see the syntax error.

This is a task report. I have a task named "Full Access Target Date Flag". I am just trying to show the planned completion date of that task, in the column of this task report.

At this point, I'm not showing anything else, just trying to get this 1st step correct.

displayname=Full Access Target Date

listmethod=nested(tasks).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF({name}="Full Access Target Date Flag",{plannedCompletionDate})

valueformat=HTML

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 10

Hi Benetta,

I think your syntax is correct, provided it is used on a column in a Project report: listmethod=nested allows you to enumerate 1:many relationships “under” an object, such as Project:Tasks, Task:Assignees, Issue:Hours, etc.

Regards,

Doug

It is a TASK report. How can I get this information in a TASK report? Thanks.

Level 8

Hi Benetta, try this:

displayname=Full Access Target Date

linkedname=direct

namekey=plannedCompletionDate

querysort=plannedCompletionDate

textmode=true

valueexpression=IF({name}="Full Access Target Date Flag",{plannedCompletionDate},"")

valueformat=atDate

Level 10

Adina, I tried it in the "task" report, but it did not work.

Now I am creating a "project" report as Doug said it has to be and go from there to bring up the various tasks that I'm trying to bring up. Thanks.

Level 8

Hi Benetta, I tried it in a task view on the project, and it worked there...it should work in a task report too. Check my screenshot to make sure I understood the ask correctly. 0690z000009CiGlAAK.png

Level 10

Yes this is correct, as I want it to display in a Task report. Let me look at your syntax again, as I did a cut and paste.

Level 10

It is not displaying in the actual task report.