Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to create a Satisfaction Survey at project level?

Level 3
The VP-Marketing wants to collect feedback from clients at the conclusion of each project. The questions themselves (level of satisfaction with process? deliverable?) are not so important. What I'm thinking through is where would this happen? Would it be part of a project (since the client has access to it and would allow ratings to be attached to it?) Should it be report limited to only the projects a user sees with dropdown field? Has anyone tried something like this? Any suggestions?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 10
Hi Steve, Sure: I'll take a shot at a "feedback surveys" straw man for you, and then you can pick it apart to refine and improve what you need. So! Not really knowing your requirements (but admitting that rarely stops me from solutioning) I suggest you: Add a Task called "Feedback Surveys" to your Templates at the end of the Project, with an Approval Path on it that means "Surveys completed, reviewed and filed" as you see fit When that Task is reached on a Project, create a "Feedback Survey" Issue for each respondent from whom you seek feedback, and assign it to them for completion. This Issue approach allows for 1:many responses (vs Task or Project Level), consolidates them "under" the Task (canna close with open Issues, by design, which is A Good Thing), and allows (worst/best case) a "serious" Issue to be escalatedinto a Task or Project with a life and timeline of its own. Even if you don't need it for a long time, it's an elegant path, should you need it someday. Getting back to the Now...each respondent will then complete their survey in due course (BONUS: if you seek Feedback Surveys from folks who do not normally log in to Workfront, you might be interested in our OCD With Mail To solution; ping me for details) In time, when they're all complete (or at some cutoff, when you complete them for them in a "no response" Issue Status which equates to "Dead"), all Survey Issues will be complete under that Feedback Survey Task At that point, you review them, file them, and -- at long last -- mark the Feedback Survey Task as complete via the Approval Path, and the Project itself as Closed. Refine away. Regards, Doug

Level 3
Doug- I like having the survey be an issue. I’m afraid the client might frown, however, because they like their projects to be completed when the deliverable is complete. Dragging their completed dates out while waiting for a client to fill out a survey might run counter to that. Perhaps if we could give everyone only 3 days to reply at which point the issue=dead, the task=complete, and the project=complete, they may go for it. If the final project task was “Send Client Project Survey”, which was sent via WF and marked Complete immediately, could the client still enter data into a Project-level custom form even if the project was marked complete? steve

Level 10
Fair comment, Steve. You could do that (with an editable Project Status that means closed pending Feedback), but would lose the 1:many advantage (unless you only always need just one Feedback Survey). Instead, I woould suggest a Project called Feedback Surveys, with one Task for each Project, and 1:many Survey Issues under each Task. Best of all worlds. Regards, Doug

Level 7
Just as a note, we have done feedbacks from customer by having them on the phone and going through the questions, and entering their responses into a Word doc. We will do this using people (usually another PM) that were NOT on the project - hoping for more honest answers. At the end of each of the sessions, we ask them if they would have prefered this been done via email, a survey, or do over the phone (as we just did). I believe every response from the client was "by phone". (it gave them the chance to really explain what they meant by their responses.)

Level 3
I would like to get our Project and Business Sponsor's response each month for the life of the project. The survey has only one question, How do they feel the about the project (1-10) at this moment. Then I would like to produce a report for each month that shows the trend of the project. Any thoughts