Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How many tasks are too many?

Level 1

Hi there,

I've come into a mid-implementation of Workfront and found that this organisation has over 25,000 tasks. Is this an expected amount? This is just for 2 years worth of historical data.

I'd really like your experiences with tasks. I've yet to do the Adobe Workfront course which is later this month, so I'm just trying to collate as much information as possible.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

When you mention 25,000 tasks are you saying:

The org has X amount of projects that equals 25,000 tasks over 2 years 

or

There over 25,000 individual types of tasks?

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

When you mention 25,000 tasks are you saying:

The org has X amount of projects that equals 25,000 tasks over 2 years 

or

There over 25,000 individual types of tasks?

Level 1

So we got this consultant in to help us set up Workfront and we ended up with about our client list of about 100, but for each client we have 250 project tasks, split out by month...I'm not really sure whether it's the most efficient way to do things?

So:
January 21 - Task 1, 2 3
February 21 - Task 1,2,3
December 21 - Task 1,2,3
January 22 - Task 1,2,3

I'm worried about the scalability of this system. I was honestly just looking to hear from other users/admins of workfront to tell me about how their systems are set up. We're in media/ad space - nothing ground breaking. It seems like they've set it up with all possible tasks per project, per client, per month, but wouldn't it be better with the tasks being assignable from a master template which would be informed by the client brief?

Any thoughts would be really useful!