Expand my Community achievements bar.

How do people handle high-volume, quick turnaround projects with lots of back and forth?

Level 6

The breakdown: We are about to onboard a lot of users into the tool. They are used to Sharepoint, where we've built a way to pass things along via a Task Status. So "Create Materials" goes to the Design Team, "product Review" goes to the Product team, etc.

The concern is that this is a decentralized way of passing things along in an unpredictable way: it doesn't matter what the "normal" path is since it's basically slightly different for each project. Why is this a concern? Because WF thrives on predictable tasks and flow.

We are looking for examples/best practices to manage projects that might bounce a round that don't involve a PM (who don't exist in these departments) inserting tasks all over the place.

If this involved a call to revive this group from its last meeting ~ two years ago to share, I'm down!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Employee

Hi @Ryan McGee‚! Long time no talk to. I don't have an answer to your exact question, but wanted to let you know that I've JUST scheduled our next Financial Services User Group meetup. I will be posting in the group here in a moment, but the general details are that it will be around Governance, but there may be a chance to talk about your question as well in the group discussion. The link to register is here. And if you'd like help scheduling a more ad hoc / informal meeting of the minds, @Kyna Baker - inactive‚ has been scheduling some "Coffee Talks" with customers and they've gone well! She can help out here for sure.

Level 6

We had a similar scenario so introduced the Agile Scrum and Kanban functionality to those teams.