Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How do I keep related custom forms in sync

Level 4

About a year ago I created a Task custom Form. After a couple months I copied the form and made the copy a Request/Issue Custom Form. When I did that the field names remained the same and going forward any information entered on the Request Custom Form would reflect on the Task Custom Form when the task was created from the request.

I now want to add some fields to both forms but it appears I can't use the same field name twice. Is there a process or order of steps that I should take to add a field on both forms so that if I added the field to the Request Custom Form I can add the same field name on the Task Custom form and so the information would reflect in both objects? I want to use the same field name on both forms.‚

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 2

Frank,

If memory serves, once the field is created it becomes a part of the field library so when you are updated your second field you can select the field you want instead of trying to create it again. Hopefully you can see it in the tiny screenshot below.

0690z000008Xk0EAAS.png