Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

How do I hide a column in a report?

Level 10
How do I hide a column in a report?
6 Replies

Level 7
Not sure I understand. If you want to hide it, why are you showing it? Are you asking if a user who ran the report can then go through and hide columns that are displayed? Besides giving them different Views as options, I haven't seen where you can do that.

Level 3
I find hiding columns very useful when I need to sort data large data sets by a certain column, but I don't ever need it to display on the report. I do this by adding the following to text mode: sortOrder=1 sortType=asc textmode=true usewidths=true width=0 If it were just to have a column and hide it permanently without any sort, I'm sure the following would work: textmode=true usewidths=true width=0 As Greg stated, though, if it's just to have the option to hide a column at certain points it would be easier to create a view to use for the report that illuminates the column you don't want.

Level 10
Nice solution Linden. I haven't come across the need to do this yet, but will keep it in the toolkit :)

Level 10
Greg, It is the 'id' column and I'm sorting on it, to force the results to be in the proper order, however, i don't want it to show on any of the reports. Thanks.

Level 7
I see. So it seems Linden has provided the solution for you.

Community Advisor
Does width=0 still work in the current release? I'm able to get a very narrow column, that does not display values, and which sorts as expected, but can't seem to completely hide it. William English
If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf