Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Hi - Does anyone know how to run a template report? A report about template usage.

Level 2

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Good timing, I just created a report for template usage this week for a cleanup effort I'm doing.

1. Create a project report
  2. Grouping: Template >> Name
  3. Filter: Project >>Template ID >> Is Not Blank
  4. Run report and go to the Summary tab. You can then see the templates that were used
  5. For my cleanup effort, I am going to the usage list and compare to a list of all templates, and the ones that don't have a duplicate are ones that have never been used.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

Good timing, I just created a report for template usage this week for a cleanup effort I'm doing.

1. Create a project report
  2. Grouping: Template >> Name
  3. Filter: Project >>Template ID >> Is Not Blank
  4. Run report and go to the Summary tab. You can then see the templates that were used
  5. For my cleanup effort, I am going to the usage list and compare to a list of all templates, and the ones that don't have a duplicate are ones that have never been used.

Level 5

Is it possible to create a planned hrs vs actual logged hours by template usage?

Level 8

You can do that in a project report and task report.

An hour report wouldn't work at all, since the planned hours would be added up for each hour entry inflating the value.

Let me know if you need my text mode code for the grouping, since it can't be done in the UI.

Community Advisor

There's also a Cleanup Dashboard that has a template report or two on it, probably very similar to the Adina created. The dashboard is super easy to download and kick-start into Workfront - report details and directions on using the provided kick-start are here:

https://one.workfront.com/s/article/Workfront-Cleanup-Dashboard