Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Help with the output format of lastNote calculation

Employee

Hi Everyone,

My team was previously using a calc that looked like WEEKDAYDIFF({lastUpdateDate}, $$TODAY) to see when the last time a request/issue/project was updated. 

However, as the use of the platform and the complexity of our systems has started to increase, we noticed that this calc was picking up some undesired system updates driven by some added calculations to custom forms (Namely: a set of status timestamp fields coupled with a tracking field to check when a project goes from "Open" to "Closed").

Now, I've switched to this calc: 

ROUND(DATEDIFF($$TODAY, {lastNote}.{entryDate}),1)

However I'm not entirely sure I like it as I will see if the most recent update is made within the same business day, I actually get a negative number for the day E.g. (-0.5).

Anyone have an idea on how to only show whole positive numbers here? Whether it be here in the custom form calc, or an additional edit to the textmode that displays this column?
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @John_MitchellTek,

If you've not yet met, may I introduce you to the CLEARTIME calculated data expression, as follows?

ROUND(DATEDIFF($$TODAY, CLEARTIME({lastNote}.{entryDate})),1)

Regards,

Doug

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @John_MitchellTek,

If you've not yet met, may I introduce you to the CLEARTIME calculated data expression, as follows?

ROUND(DATEDIFF($$TODAY, CLEARTIME({lastNote}.{entryDate})),1)

Regards,

Doug

Hi Doug,

I hadn't though to just wipe the lesser piece of the problem (that we don't actually even need) so thank you for the suggestion!

My mind was in the world of valueformats and jumping calculations. Much easier!