Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Help with Status Timestamp

Level 2
Hi All, I am hoping someone can help me. I want to use the status timestamp to show when a project changes into Complete. I found this in the help section but I'm unsure where to put it to make it work: 1. Status Timestamp IF(Status='INP',IF(ISBLANK({DE:Custom Field}),$$NOW,{DE:Custom Field}),{DE:Custom Field}) This is a calculated field on a custom form (labeled "DE: Custom Field") that enables you to capture the timestamp of the change to INP (works for other statuses, too). Status timestamp custom field can then be reported on normally. Note that if your status changes to INP, then another status, then back to INP, only the timestamp of the first change to INP will be captured. Thank you in advance for your help, sorry if its a stupid question. Carinne Crockett
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 4
You need to create a calculated field on the project custom form that is attached to all your projects. Replace Custom Field with the name of your field. For existing projects I often replace $$NOW with the {actualCompletionDate} to get the time stamp for completion on completed projects, do a forced recalculation on existing projects by selecting all, bulk editing and clicking the recalculate custom forms, and then you can then replace the {actualCompletionDate} with $$NOW for calculations moving forward. If you start with $$NOW then all older projects will have today's date. Now there are use cases for capturing this timestamp separate from Actual Completion Date but what is your reason for doing so? Valid reasons I've seen: Seeing the first time this gets set even if the project is reopened. Capturing the done date as when it gets submitted for approval, since that can take additional time Capturing an interim status as done, such as completion of implementation work when a project has post-implementation analytics/review steps -- Melinda Layten, Senior Consultant Work Management Improvement CapabilitySource Phone: "tel:(484)%20505-6855" value="+18014720979" (484) 505-6855 site: "http://www.capabilitysource.com/" www.capabilitysource.com email: "mailto:melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com" melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com - we simplify your work so you can run your business -

Level 10
Melinda, I think I have a syntax error or something, as I am getting no data in the column of my report. Can you help me find what is wrong? I've attached all that I have created/done. Thanks. Benetta Perry APS

Community Advisor
Hi Benetta, We use a timestamp calculated field on our custom forms to show when a specific status (key) is selected. Our text mode is: IF(Status='RTA',IF(ISBLANK(RTA Timestamp),$$NOW,RTA Timestamp),RTA Timestamp) When I look at your's: IF(Status='CUR',IF(ISBLANK(StatusCUR Timestamp),$$NOW,StatusCUR Timestamp),StatusCUR Timestamp) Maybe remove the Status prefix, like this? IF(Status='CUR',IF(ISBLANK(CUR Timestamp),$$NOW,CUR Timestamp),CUR Timestamp) We also have another calculated field defining all of the status keys: CONCAT(IF(Status="JON","Approved for CS"),IF(Status="INP","Active"),IF(Status="CLS","Complete"),IF(Status="ASI","Declined"),IF(Status="NEW","New"),IF(Status="ONH","On Hold"),IF(Status="MML","Rejected"),IF(Status="WQZ","Awaiting Feedback"),IF(Status="SEL","Canceled")) I'm not sure if you need that as well, but maybe try one or both of the above edits and see if they works for you. Regards! Sheri Sheri Whitten