Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Has anyone had experience using the Proofing App for interactive content from an internal test server?

Level 3

I have a team in our instance that's trying to proof their web content before it goes live from an internal test server, but when they attempt to do so its only bringing them to a blank page in the Proofing App. Since much of their work involves updates to an existing site that is time sensitive before it can be released to the general public it's safer for them to use the test server to show their work for review. We've had a discussion with one of our company IT contacts that the blank page may be because the test server can't be accessed outside devices connected to our company servers in general.

Anyone run into similar issues? Any advice or workarounds would be appreciated. Also, all the pages we've tested on the live server run just fine in Proof, it's only the test server that is having issues. Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 10

If I had to hazard a guess, it sounds like a firewall issue. The "outside" Workfront server needs to be able to see your "inside" test server and a firewall is blocking.

You'd have to move to a model where your test server is also outside the firewall, or get your IT to allow access in.

Or a more secure approach might be getting your IT to set-up a DMZ for your test server where they can relax some security protocols.

Level 3

Thank you, I'll see if our IT is willing to look into those options.

Level 10

I'd wait and see where Andrzej is going with his questions…he might know something pertinent (and easier!).

Our firewall is fairly draconian/strict so I always approach security issues from that point of view. What's locked down for us might not be how it's locked-down for you. 😎

Level 6

Are you able to run the pages on an other browser on the same device you try to review the content on the Proofing app?

Level 3

Yes, we're able to pull them up in Firefox and Chrome from most desktops either on our company campus or remotely using a VPN to our servers.

Level 6

Can you guys reach out to support? It requires to be checked by our technical team. Proofing app (Desktop Viewer ) works as a browser so if you are able to pull the content in Firefox or Chrome you should be able to pull them also in the app.

Level 3

I thought that was the case but wasn't sure. I'll get a support ticket in. Thank you for the help.