Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Group by Assignment / Multiple Assignees

Level 2
Hello all! I've run into an issue with a report. I have a task report that is grouped by "Assigned To Name". When there are multiple people assigned to a task, the task only shows up under one assignee. (See screenshot below). For example, if Name 1 and Name 2 are both assigned to a task, it only shows up under the grouping for Name 1. (I assume this is because Name 1 is the Task Owner). Is there a way to change the grouping so that the shared task shows up under both names? In my example below, I've kept things very simple but when I have 25+ team members, I can't as easily spot tasks that might be missing under one grouping. Any advise on this is appreciated! "https://s3.amazonaws.com/higherlogicdownload/WORKFRONT/UploadedImages/DYFmBT7gQwK8IKV7mnd8_WF_Report_bug.png" target="ThumbnailFullImage" title="Image link"> Alexi Glines iProspect
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 10
HI Alexi, On list reports, each item can be shown only once, and so (right you are), each Task will only appear under its Primary Owner's Grouping. You might consider a matrix report (eg project / task on each row, assignment S name as columns, with (say) row count at each intersection that matches. Depending on the audience of either report, you might also want to filter it by $$USER.ID so that the logged in user just sees Their Stuff. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 2
Thanks for the suggestion about switching to a matrix, but unfortunately, that doesn't solve the issue. I'm still seeing the shared task listed under 1 assignee only. I'd really like to have my report show all tasks on a project so I can look at it holistically from a project perspective, rather than from a single user perspective. Any other insights or ideas are appreciated! Alexi Glines iProspect

Level 2
I think the problem is that the "Assigned To" is the primary assignee and it's singular. You are going to want to group on the name associated with the Assignments : AssignedToID list - I haven't figured out how to do that yet - but I'm pretty sure the Assigned to on the Task is only 1 of the list of assignees. Suzy Park Partners Healthcare System, Inc.

Level 10
Hi Alexi, I get requests for a report like this all the time. The best course of action is to do an Assignment report. That breaks up the tasks by assignee so that you can do groupings (i.e. if a task has two assignees, the task is listed twice on the report). This is helpful because the Assigned To field is only one person so you can do groupings. It is also really nice because the Planned Hours are the hours actually assigned to that user. (Not sure how you use planned hours, but for us Assignee one could have 4 hours assigned to her and Assignee two have just one hour on the same task) One tip... in your filters, make sure you add the filter Assignment Status does not equal Done. This way, if the task is completed but the specific assignee didn't mark it Done, it will disappear off the report. Let me know if you have any questions with this object type. It is great, but a little funky. ;) Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 2

Anthony, is this still the best course of action when multiple assignments are made?  And if so, am I correct to assume this would work for Issues as well?  I'm running into an issue with multiple people assigned to a request and it's only pulling the first person assigned.  Thank you,

Leigh

Level 2
Anthony - you're a champ! That report type (along with a bit of custom text manipulation) totally worked. Thank you for sharing! Alexi Glines iProspect

Level 10
Anthony, One year later from your answer/reply/solution and I'm struggling with this VERY issue. The issue shows up on one report but does not show up on the other report - when the issue has multiple people assigned to it. About to redo - all reports - in this manner - hopefully this is still the best solution to get active issues reported on. Thanks. Benetta Perry APS