Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Good to know about Event Subscriptions

Level 6

We had issues with some events being sent multiple times via the event subscriptions (e.g. approving of hours). This has led to redundancies in our non-Workfront applications as well as unnecessary complexity in our Fusion integration to handle these multiple executions.

After 9 months of me trying to convince Workfront that these issues are not caused by external factors such as users or other integrations and them insisting that it wouldn't be possible for this to happen, support came back with this piece of information which I think would be of interest to everyone using event subscriptions:

"I have heard from our team on the double-hour execution. After discussing with the internal teams, we have found that the Event Subscription was actually sending duplicate event messages occasionally. Further, I have been advised that Event Subscription guarantees delivery of each message at least once, but doesn't guarantee only delivering once. So from the perspective of the Fusion engine, this is functioning correctly."

This is definitely something you should keep in mind when using event subscriptions.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies