Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Giving ProofHQ access to webpages behind password protected wall

Level 2
We're trying to set up ProofHQ to proof draft webpages that are sitting behind a password protected wall. So far following the guidance from WF "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003926727-Creating-a-Static-Website-Proof-in-Workfront-Proof%20">here isn't working and the WF support team haven't been able to provide any additional guidance on the issue. Has anyone else successfully (or not!) managed this? Thx Renee Dorris Doctors Without Borders USA NY
14 Replies

Community Advisor
Hi Renee, Are you using the new Desktop Proofing Viewer? We had an issue when we first started trying to use the Desktop Proofing Viewer where it didn't give us a anywhere to enter our login credentials for our password protected draft server. If that's the same issue you're running into, you might reference ticket #1154053 with the WF Support Team - hopefully they have notes on how they resolved it for us. Heather Slater Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.

Level 10
Yep, this is a limitation we struggle with. We'd love to be able to proof websites that are in staging (so creds needed to access) - but Proof only allows you to proof sites that are public. The whole point of the staging site is for it NOT to be public yet! Katherine Haven, PMP VP, Director, Business Technologies - PMO FCB

Level 6
Hi Renee, We recommend to create interactive proofs when reviewing password protected websites. When you create a proof mark interactive optionhttps://screencast.com/t/6q4e9vBHh4QO. When you open this proof it should open within the "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005776693-Understanding-the-Desktop-Proofing-Viewer">Desktop Viewer . If you still have a problem please reach out to our support team or to me. Andrzej Muca Product Manager Workfront

Level 6
Hi Katherine, We indeed have some problems in supporting some not publicly accessible webpages now but we plan to launch update soon (probably next week) which will allow you to create this kind of proofs. Andrzej Muca Product Manager Workfront

Level 1
Renee, just a note to thank you for pointing out the wrong information in that Help article about proofing password-protected websites. I have corrected that. I hope you have found a solution for the task you were trying to accomplish. Caroline Caroline Otto Workfront Technical Writer

Level 10
Andrzej - That's great to hear!! Please keep us posted on when we will be able to do that. Katherine Haven, PMP VP, Director, Business Technologies - PMO FCB

Level 2
Hi Andrzej I wanted to follow up on your comment above to see if you have launched the update you refer to that will help us proof web pages behind a password protected wall. Thanks Renee Dorris Doctors Without Borders USA NY

Level 6
Hi Renee, Yes the update has been updated so you you should be able to create interactive proofs behind firewall. You can review the proofs using the Desktop Viewer. If you have any problems please reach out to the support team or myself directly. Andrzej Muca Workfront

Level 10
I have tested the interactive proofer with a password-protected test website and it doesn't work for me --Where is this instruction page that you refer to for password protected sites, I can't find it when searching the help area. I am using URL not zip file, does that matter? Also, I thought there was a setting so that pages that are linked also show up as a Proof and not just open the page in the browser? Where do I find that setting, I can't seem to find it. Thanks Jill Ackerman

Level 10
Jill, the setting should be in your proof settings area. Open up an interactive proof and click on the little cog to access the proof settings. It's the part in the middle that says "When clicking links in a proof..." -skye

Level 10
Thanks, I found the cog. Somehow I thought it would be a global setting, not for each proof. Maybe Version 1002.4 it will be a default!

Level 10
hi Jill, I think (I hope) you will find that it's global, but the only way to access those settings is to open a single proof. -skye

Level 2
Wanted to report back here to say that the combination of: Selecting interactive proof when first uploading the test site URL Using the desktop proofing tool We are able to access our test site that has a password wall blocking pubic access Thanks Andrejz! Renee Dorris Doctors Without Borders USA NY

Level 6
Hi Renee, Happy to hear that! Andrzej Muca Workfront