Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Generating Estimates from Planned Hours

Level 4
We have a client where it is agreed how many planned hours a resource can work for each deliverable. We need to generate an estimate prior to work beginning. This estimate should contain planned hours for different roles (Account Managers, producers, designers, etc). When we attach a template it has planned hours for each task. However, within the project the AM, Designer, etc. will have more than one task. I don't want to have to go through templates and make sure the planned hours on each task total to the overall agreed upon planned hour client rate. For example, if it's agreed an AM can work a total of 6 hours on a project but has 10 tasks, I don't want to have to divide those tasks out. Is there another way to do this and still be able to run a report for planned vs. actual as well? Leslie Tanner CreativeDrive
1 Reply

Level 10

I believe the Project Utilization report will show you Budgeted, Planned and Actual Hours by Role. I don't think you can run the Utilization report on a Template, so if you are just trying to get a quick view of Plan Hours by Job Role on a template, you can create a Project from the template, and look at the Utilization Report (on the right side is the "Overall" Plan Hours. See attached. Katherine Haven, PMP VP, Director, Business Technologies - PMO FCB0690z000007ZhaEAAS.jpg