Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Filtering out issues with multiple assignments

Level 2

Hi Workfront Community!

I have been working on an Issue Report for a team that self-assigns their work. Ideally, the report would show issues with the specific team and job roles assigned. Once the user (with the correct job role) assigns themselves, it would no longer appear on the report. The issue is sometimes these issues will have other folks assigned to them as well. I have been trying to leverage the Assignments options, but they don't seem to work. Current filters are below with IDs replaced by usable information:

assignmentsTeamsMM:ID="Team assigned to the Issues"
assignmentsTeamsMM:ID_Mod=in
assignmentsUsersMM:roleID="Job Role 1" "Job Role 2"
assignmentsUsersMM:roleID_Mod=notin
status=CLS DED DUP
status_Mod=notin

This looks like it should grab issues with the specified Team assigned and then it should look at the Users in the Assignments list and filter out issues if any have the specified roles, but it doesn't seem to work. I can't tell if I am miss understanding how assignmentsUsers/assignmentsTeams works or what. Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks,

Rob

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there, are wanting to pull assignment teams OR assignment roles and not AND? If you're trying to pull either scenario, and not necessarily both scenarios at the same time, then do your team filters OR your role filters, not AND.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Try using

assignmentsRolesMM:ID= the job roles

assignmentRolesMM:ID_Mod=notin

Level 2

Hey @ChrisStephens -

When I use that filter, it takes out the unassigned issues that just have the Role. I guess I can just request the issue not be assigned to the Role as well as the Team. We default assign the team and role, but maybe this just won't work that way. 

Thanks for the suggestion

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there, are wanting to pull assignment teams OR assignment roles and not AND? If you're trying to pull either scenario, and not necessarily both scenarios at the same time, then do your team filters OR your role filters, not AND.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

Thanks for your suggestion!

The Team filter is an "In" looking to grab tasks that have the Team Assigned, but my User: Job Role filter is a "Not In" with the intent being to filter out tasks/issues that have already been picked up by the appropriate team member. So I think I should be using AND in this case, because I want tasks that are assigned to the Team AND don't have a user with the specified roles assigned. 

Level 2

Hi, Madalyn - No, I am trying to pull both. We have 2 teams that have users with the same roles. I want to be able to see first tasks assigned to the team, and second tasks that are assigned just to a Role and not a person with the role. When a person with the role assigns themselves to the task, I want it to come off of this report.