Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Filter: not blank AND not 'x'

Level 3
Hi all. Can anyone recommend a way to create the following type of filter?... I want to filter out everything where valueA is not equal to 'x' (Mod=notin) but I ALSO want to filter out everything where valueA is not blank (Mod=notblank) How would I get both in the same filter? Galen Malick JLL
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

thanks Galen, just used this in one of my reports and (typical--for us) had to add on in the following manner because we were doing several sets of filters. But -- it does work even on multiple sets. Very nice.

<field>_Mod=notblank

AND:1:<field>=<value>

AND:1:<field>_Mod=notin

OR:1:<field>_Mod=notblank

AND:2:<field>=<value>

AND:2:<field>_Mod=notin

OR:2:<field>_Mod=notblank

AND:3:<field>=<value>

AND:3:<field>_Mod=notin

and so on.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 3

I learned the solution, but I'm leaving this in the forum in case others need the same thing. In text mode, you can enter AND:1:<your field name> to reference the same field more than once. This allows me to do both a notin and a notblank for the same field. In my case, I used

<field>_Mod=notblank

Employee
This is very helpful! Thank you for sharing and I'm so glad you figured out the solution! Kyna Baker Customer Content and Community Manager Workfront

Level 10

Hi Galen, this is good. I've added it to the WFPro Text Mode site. Thanks, Narayan Narayan Raum Workfront Delivery Lead - SunTrust Bank https://wf-pro.com for Text Mode & Solutions

Correct answer by
Level 10

thanks Galen, just used this in one of my reports and (typical--for us) had to add on in the following manner because we were doing several sets of filters. But -- it does work even on multiple sets. Very nice.

<field>_Mod=notblank

OR:1:<field>_Mod=notblank

AND:2:<field>=<value>

AND:2:<field>_Mod=notin

OR:2:<field>_Mod=notblank

AND:3:<field>=<value>

AND:3:<field>_Mod=notin

and so on.