Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Filter by issue's original project/queue?

Level 2

How would I filter for issues that were originally entered into a specific queue/project, whether or not it is still in that project at the time of the report?

For example, I can see Audit Text where it mentions project changes ('Project changed from "[Project 1]" to "[Project 2]"'), but no Audit Text for the original project at ticket entry. We have several queues that often pass issues/tickets back and forth, but we would like to measure new tickets vs. closed tickets per origin queue. Any ideas?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Nathan, You’re not going to find what you seek with issues because they’re unplanned items that shouldn’t be “passed around” from project to project or assignee to assignee. Issues can be moved occasionally because they were captured in the wrong place initially and need to be in the correct context but it shouldn’t happen repeatedly. If it does, this is an indication there’s a workflow breakdown. When it comes to the work that occurs in resolving issues, it must be documented in tasks on projects. Resistance to creating tasks on projects is futile if you truly want an operational system of record. Working on issues without tasks is a common mistake we used to see at Truist until we incorporated best practices coaching into our solution delivery exercises. I encourage you to watch The Best Request<>, a deep dive on how Truist Financial uses WFPro tech and methodologies to move requests through the process. If you get this stuff right early, you’ll have a shot at the sort of data you seek and a whole lot more. [cid:image001.jpg@01D6544A.4B006B00] Thanks, Narayan (Truist)

Level 2

Thanks Narayan! I appreciate your response.

I'm not sure why passing tickets from one queue to another or changing assignments is necessarily a workflow breakdown, but I can definitely believe that we may be using the system in an unorthodox way or beyond the purposes originally intended. We pull in hundreds of IT tickets from dozens of queues all around the world, and from multiple funnels (customers/employees/departments) and escalate/prioritize them up through the corporate level as needed. Changing queues and assignments as the ticket is escalated past its normal routing set up in each queue's Queue Setup settings is not unusual at all for my team. If there is a better way to do it, I would love your suggestions.