Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Exporting Report to Excel displays incorrect Date on Custom Date Fields

Level 6
Hi all! Just wanted to give everybody a heads up about a bug I found in Workfront. I already contacted Customer Support last Thursday but I wanted to ensure everyone is aware of the problem since it could adversely affect any reports you export.. When exporting a report that contains a custom date field("Calculated" fields are not affected only "Text" fields are) to Excel, the resulting export will contain a date that is 1 day earlier than the date in Workfront. ex: if your date in Workfront was 01/01/17 then the excel export would show the date as 12/31/16 Workfront Customer Support suggested the following: As a current workaround you may add the custom date fields as valueexpressions instead of valuefield. You can edit your report, click on your Date column, click Switch To Textmode and then change the valuefield line. Below is an example If your textmode starts off like this: valuefield=Go-Live querysort=DE:Go-Live valueformat=customDateAsString displayname= linkedname=direct namekey=Go-Live Change the valuefield line (the first line in this example) to surround your field's name with {DE: xxx } So it will become as follows: valueexpression={DE:Go-Live} querysort=DE:Go-Live valueformat=customDateAsString displayname= linkedname=direct namekey=Go-Live Hope this helps!
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Level 10
Justin, I don’t think this is not just a Custom date issue but more of an excel export issue. It seems to be happening in built in fields as well. I just posted about a very similar thing. https://community.workfront.com/p/fo/st/thread=1765&post=8324&posted=1#p8324 Michael Lebowitz Marketing Analyst Michael.Lebowitz@guidewellconnect.com< T 904-436-4240 | M 904-200-1364 Fax 904-565-6156 4800 Deerwood Campus Pkwy DCC 800-4-272 Jacksonville, FL 32246

Level 6
Hmmm... that's very odd. We're currently only seeing it on the types of fields I specified. Every other date field in Workfront seems to work correctly.

Level 10
Could you look at hour entry date again? That is where I am noticing the problem. Michael Lebowitz Marketing Analyst Michael.Lebowitz@guidewellconnect.com< T 904-436-4240 | M 904-200-1364 Fax 904-565-6156 4800 Deerwood Campus Pkwy DCC 800-4-272 Jacksonville, FL 32246

Level 6
Michael, I'm seeing the same behavior for the field you mentioned. I'll log a request for support for that. In Reply to Michael Lebowitz:
Could you look at hour entry date again? That is where I am noticing the problem. Michael Lebowitz Marketing Analyst Michael.Lebowitz@guidewellconnect.com< " mailto:Michael.Lebowitz@guidewellconnect.com> T 904-436-4240 | M 904-200-1364 Fax 904-565-6156 4800 Deerwood Campus Pkwy DCC 800-4-272 Jacksonville, FL 32246

Level 2
We're seeing the same issue here. Would you mind keeping this thread up to date if you hear anything back from Support? Thanks! Greg

Level 10
Hi Greg (et al). I believe I saw something like this a few years back ("Oracle setting" rings a bell). As a workaround until it is resolved, although it's relatively easy to compensate for the hour difference in Excel, another approach (untested) could be to (temporarily) change your timezone by an hour, then do the export, then set your timezone back. Regards, Doug

Level 10
Thanks for pointing out that Excel Export Dates are working again, Justin. Welcome news. Regards, Doug