Expand my Community achievements bar.

Executive Reports

Level 1
I'm interesting in reading what reports (default or custom) that people use for senior management and executives – project reports. What would a senior manager, VP or higher find useful or interesting in a project report?
This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of the message is not the intended recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying, printing, or any other use or action taken in reliance upon this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this e-mail message or by telephone at (877) 372-9880 and delete the message and any attachments from your system. The contents of any email and its attachments which are sent by or to the sender may be subject to monitoring, review and archive. Any statements or opinions expressed in this email are those of the sender and do not necessarily represent those of sender's employer, its affiliated companies or any other person. Although the sender's employer attempts to sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that either is virus-free and accepts no liability for any damages as a result of viruses.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 2
Hi Tim, it was nice to meet you at the user group meeting last month. I had shown you all a dashboard of an executive overview provided for our COO, but I have since gone in and refined some of these reports to be a little less general. Two reports I use frequently differentiate projects from requests, since so much of our work lives in that 'request bucket' sort of process. The first report is a Kitchen Sink type report showing all projects due in the next six weeks: I group these projects by program ; this way I can filter out projects that live in areas such as "work spaces" or "admin." I also filter out projects by status. We've created some conditional formatting to draw attention to projects still in planning mode and projects due this week: The number of open requests is significant for us; these four projects are in our Events program, so users typically request graphics and other items directly on the event project. Since the four listed are either planning or happening within the next month, I am not surprised to see '0' open requests. The second report is geared toward requests, and we focus on requests submitted in the past month (I have a separate report showing me requests that have been submitted earlier than that and are still open so that i can follow up).: We use a similar formatting here, but my requests are grouped by project name (90% of the time the project name is indicative of which request bucket it was entered into, say Website Requests ). I also highlight items due this week in green. I've found these two reports to be the most helpful so far--they aren't too broad that they're overwhelming, and I am able to give our director a more focused view on what he needs to be aware of in the coming weeks. Hope this is somewhat helpful! Chelsea Terwilliger Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP