Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

entry date on custom field

Level 10
I have a custom picklist field named test and would like to see when the field was changed or an entry was made on the field. Is this possible?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 10
Hi Polly; I have a couple of options. One would be to add that Custom Parameter to the Update From Feed tracking, then fish the edits out of the NOTES collection (if they kick in). Another technique is to create a "monitoring" Custom Parameter that traps the datetime that the target Custom Parameter was filled in (e.g. IF(ISBLANK(Target),Monitor,$$NOW). Regards, Doug

Level 10
I'm stumped... I have the parameter on the feed. It's a custom field on the user. So I'm running a user report. The collections available for users that I thought would contain the feed are messages and updates. displayname=Test listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(updates).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression={message} valueformat=HTML This writes all the updates they've sent, but nothing regarding the feed. How do I get the feed from a user report? As to the other option, if I understand this correctly, if the custom field I'm monitoring is test, I have to create a new calculated field called monitor and on monitor, IF(ISBLANK(test),monitor,$$NOW) which might work if test does not have a default value nor would I be able to track changes to test as there will always be entries to test.

Level 3
Doug, I have a similar dilemma. I would like to track updates to a custom field. How do I do that Sunil Devadiga State Teachers Retirement System of Ohio

Level 10
Hi Sunil, I'd suggest you try the first option (add that Custom Parameter to the Update From Feed tracking, then fish the edits out of the NOTES collection), which then gives the most reporting options. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 3
Thanks for responding, I did not see "Notes" under Task collections only "Update" and that collection does not have the info. In a task report, I am displaying some fields that includes my custom field and I would also like to include when it was updated.

Level 10
Hi Sunil, It sounds like your NOTES need to be "https://community.workfront.com/discussions/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=ca5e7ae0-4cbe-49f6-ad4c-8bbcdf17f683&CommunityKey=aaafaff0-5e4e-4e38-8903-f1f990935567&tab=digestviewer#bmca5e7ae0-4cbe-49f6-ad4c-8bbcdf17f683">reactivated ; or you could also try the other technique I mentioned, by creating a "monitoring" Custom Parameter that traps the datetime that the target Custom Parameter was filled in (e.g. IF(ISBLANK(Target),Monitor,$$NOW); noting, though (as @Polly Co pointed out), though, that formula is intended to simply track the initial entry date of a non-defaulted Target custom parameter. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads