Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enforced Predecessor attachTemplate API

Level 3

Hi All

So I'm looking to add a particular task that I have templated to a significant number of projects, but I need this to have an enforced predecessor.

In the GUI this is an option when attaching a template:

JonathanTh_1-1719579013912.png

However there is no such option in the attachTemplate action in the "Misc Action" module, only an "options" section where there is zero documentation.....

JonathanTh_0-1719578937178.png

API explorer doesn't help much either either:

JonathanTh_2-1719579098775.png

Any idea if this is possible to do via the options string? And more generally where do we find out what the options are for this or any other API calls where this is an argument?

Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 9

Hello,

I could possibly help you, but I need to know, where you took the first screenshot?

Perhaps I am too tired, but I do not find this option in our instance...

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Lars

Level 9

Found it...

Can you try to use the option 

isEnforced = true

Regards

Lars

Level 3

Hi Lars

I did try variations of this, but your suggestion and others i've tried simply return this error:

JonathanTh_0-1719587172353.png

Level 6

I can't find any info on action options either and had no luck playing around with the options string.

You might need to simply attach the template and then update the predecessors to add the enforcement.

This post helped me use a create a custom API call to update predecessors.  Originally I used it when creating cross-project predecessors, but I later used the same method when a team wanted to add enforcement to all the existing predecessors in their templates.