Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Duration on Tasks with Approval

Level 4
Hello, I was wondering if anyone had run into the situation when a task with an approval is assigned to a worker, the worker marks that task complete and it prompts the person making the approval decision to make the approval but the project manager can't adjust the duration of that task. I've run into situations where the worker has 5 duration days but gets something done early, in 3, and I would like the next task after that approval task to start earlier but I can't adjust the number of duration days. Anyone have similar situations and how do you work around it? Thanks, Mary Mary McKee Optum
1 Reply

Level 8
Tasks can't be edited while undergoing approval. Otherwise, I could set up a task with an estimated cost of $1, get one person to approve then up the estimated cost to $1,000,000 and say the first person had approved. Either the PM changes the status back (revoking the approval), makes the change and then changes status again to re-start the approval chain, or you change your approval path to add the PM and say only one approval is needed - meaning either the PM or the current approval decision maker can approve it. Barry Buchanan - WMA Work Management Australia