Expand my Community achievements bar.

Duplicate account creation

Level 10
After a year of using Workfront all of a sudden this week we had 3 new accounts created for people who already exist because someone shared a proof with an email address and didn't choose them from the list, but added a new user. WF didn't recognize the account because of different capitalization of the email addresses , so new accounts were created. One of them was me. JillA vs jilla I know I've seen this thread before but I couldn't find it, so I apologize if this has been done and gone before. The problems I ran into were: 1 - when I deactivated our new/wrong accounts, it also deactivated my Proof account -- though if capitalization matters, why it connected the wrong account to Proof is a mystery, and 2 - the comments and Updates I made under the "wrong" account will be disassociated from the real me. This seems totally crazy to me. No email address in the world is case sensitive but here it matters. Support is working to put things back in order for me and merging the accounts and getting us back our Proof activations, but it took all day and honestly, seems nuts. Support told me that fixing this is not on the roadmap, though I feel certain I saw it on a roadmap somewhere fairly recently. How do others deal with this, assuming it happens far more frequently in larger organizations with many more users than I have. Jill Ackerman
2 Replies

Level 5
We had this same problem! It's very annoying. We prevented this from happening with our users by adjusting their User Setting, "Proof Permission Profile" to be anything BUT Administrator. We have our proof users set to "Manager" only. Jennifer Ching Robert Half International Inc.

Level 7
Hiya Jill, Workfront usernames are no longer case-sensitive, I'm fairly certain that's what you're recalling. However, as we continue to bring Proofing more into Workfront, there are some limitations that we're working on. This is one of those cases where it appears to not be an issue that's widespread and can't easily be worked around by customers directly, and it's not a high impact issue. That said, I'm part of our Support team, not our product or engineering teams, so I can't say what is being actively worked on, or provide any sort of ETA. Though I imagine with our New Workfront Experience initiative, and the goal of making the user journey more intuitive, I suspect we'll see this addressed not as a defect or story, but as part of improving Workfront Proofing. Thanks! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront