Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Done' tasks that aren't closed report

Employee
Hi All, Up until a few years ago, Workfront did not require you to choose what happens when someone clicks 'Done' on an issue. I am auditing our instance of Workfront, and I'm wondering if anyone knows how to make a report to show all issues that are marked 'Done' but still in an open status. Thanks!! Sarah Nau Dominium
9 Replies

Level 7
Hey Sarah, This case would be caused by the team setting for the Done button. In regards to a report through, I would do an issue report with a filter for status = [not complete] OR percent complete = not equal [100]. Something like that should work. Thanks, Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Employee
Hi Dustin, We have changed all of our team settings to determine what happens when the done button is clicked; however, when we first implemented, this was not a required field so 'done' did not close out issues. We have thousands of issues in our system, so just pulling an open issue report is not going to help if it doesn't indicate if the person marked it done. Is this something we can get to through a collection report? Thanks! Sarah Nau

Level 7
Hi Sarah, That's a common issue I've heard throughout the years. The best option would be to create an issue report with a few fields. Here's an example from my own environment: https://share.getcloudapp.com/yAuvv7km You can see that under the Assignments and Status column, my Sarah person has accepted the work (it shows "Working") for the In Progress issue, and has completed the Complete issue ("Done"). What I would do is add the Assignments and Status column, and start filtering out the stuff you don't want to see.. maybe the user(s) you're checking on only work on projects under a certain portfolio... or they were entered during a specific period of time.. or.. so on. I hope this helps! Thanks, Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Employee
That worked - thanks Dustin! Sarah Nau

Level 7
You are very welcome Sarah! I hope you have a phenomenal weekend! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 4
This looked great; is there any way to pull out the status from the Assignment and Status Field? I would like to create a report for each of my team members that shows what they are working on, what is still in request and what has been completed. Basically this would mimic what I would see on a team member for Working On, Work requests and Accomplishments. The view I reference for the Working On, Work Requests and Accomplishments is not available in the New Workfront Experience (Beta Test) Frank Fornataro DHHS

Level 7
Hi Frank, The Assignments & Status field is a calculated field.. I'm unfortunately not quite sure how it pulls from the database, so I can't really advise on how to get the status portion there. I'd recommend using that field as it is in place of the Assignments field in your view on your report. Best of luck! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 10
Hi Frank - if you use an Assignment report, you can filter out a task when a user says they are Done with their Part. In 2018, we did a presentation on reports and we did one similar. The different is that ours was for a whole group of people so you might need to play around with the filters a little bit. But it should be a good starting place for you. :) Hope that helps. Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 4
Worked great thanks Anthony; I am no longer anxious about moving to the New Workfront Experience as you have now led me to find a solution to replicate the current views I have for a user to see what they have accomplished and what they are working on or have been requested to work on but not yet started. Thanks a bunch Frank Fornataro DHHS