Expand my Community achievements bar.

Does anyone use JIRA in conjunction with Workfront?

Level 1
Does anyone use JIRA in conjunction with Workfront? We use both systems and they are not integrated which is a huge pain. We are not going to get to a place where we use one system or another, given that we need project planning features as well as the developer-friendly features of JIRA. It is certainly possible to connect the two either through the API or a vendor, but the biggest headache is figuring out how we want to configure it. We do a lot of resource planning in Workfront (in the Resource Grid) which is the trickiest part of the connection. We'd like to get to a point where the project plan is initiated in Workfont, and further resolved into components in JIRA. For the most part we want these to sync back, but they need to be at the right point in the project timeline (we use sprints). I go back and forth about whether I want everything in JIRA to sync back at the detail level, given that we track our QA issues in JIRA and sometimes that becomes a lengthly list of small items (a Workfront project of 1000 small items would just not be very user friendly). Would love to hear from anyone who has this working well.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 1
Hi! Did you ever receive a response regarding Jira integration? I'd love to know if that's a possibility.

Level 10
You may want to speak with Azuqua. They developed a JIRA integration and can probably give you some advice.

Level 1
Hi there I am in the same boat today. your issues exactly define my current situation. Its been a year since you posted your qn here. I was curious to know if you were able to resolve this situation. If so , how? I would appreciate your feedback Harsha Mestri

Level 2
You may want to check out the market place for one of the SI solutions. Here are a few to consider: https://www.putitforward.com/getstarted (connects workfront to other apps) https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/azuqua.com/cloud/overview (connects Jira to other apps) https://boomi.com/integration/popular-applications-supported/ (integration platform - expansive set of data & system integration needs) Jeffrey Wallk Prolong Pharmaceuticals, LLC

Level 1
Integrations you say?? Easy. Only kidding, but it certainly isn't difficult to get started and after being in the Workfront Ecosystem for awhile, we know a thing or two about typical and atypical use-cases. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to drop me a line or visit the link provided by Jeffrey. Regards, Aaron Tubbs Put it Forward Solution Engineer Aaron.Tubbs@putitforward.com

Level 4
CapabilitySource is a partner provider for both Dell Boomi and Workfront and would be happy to discuss Jira integrations. -- Melinda Layten, Senior Consultant Work Management Improvement CapabilitySource Phone: (484) 505-6855 site: www.capabilitysource.com email: melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com - we simplify your work so you can run your business -

Level 10
Not yet, but we are working with Azuqua to build one. Happy to let you know how it goes! Katherine Haven, PMP VP, Director, Business Technologies - PMO FCB