Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Document Viewing without Proof

Level 10
Hello PC experts, I asked my IT about this and got a blank stare, so I'm hoping someone here has the solution. When someone uploads a document (Word, PDF, Excel etc), the link on the Documents tab directs any user to download the document rather than simply view it. On a MAC, it works perfectly, you can click and view the document in a floating window. What are we missing on our PCs so that we can also view documents without having to download them? (Note: these are supporting documents, not meant for ProofHQ and so don't need to be there with all those extra uploading steps.) Thanks! Jill Jill Ackerman
3 Replies

Level 10
Just a guess: is it some sort of extension? e.g.

Level 10
Thanks, I will look at these extensions. Also, I found out after much googling, that after you download the document the first time there is a choice to Open that type (doc, xls etc) the next time. How to roll that out to 30 people .... I think I have to walk around and do it on each of their computers.