Expand my Community achievements bar.

Document Storage

Level 9
Does anyone have policies around document storage within their instance? We have been running into storage issues and I'm looking for any ideas around file size, dates of purging files or anything along those lines. Thanks Kimberly Rea Marketing Technology and Data DCE Global Marketing Schneider Electric M 401-369-4395 E
4 Replies

Level 9
This is a great question. I'd love to hear how users handle storage and backups... -Nate Bagley --- Workfront Community Manager - Work Smart, Work Happy Message me directly at:

Level 10
We had concerns about running out of space at one point, but now that WorkFront has released new capabilities - especially the version numbering and ability to delete old versions, we are not as concerned. Since the capabilities are new, my first task is to find out how I can prove compliance with our company retention policy. That means I'll be cranking out some reports to tell me things about a given uploaded document - name and upload data, for example. We will probably use those reports to purge out old stuff, too. I'm not sure this is of much help. Let us know what some of the concerns are and maybe we can help with specifics. Eric

Level 4
This may not help (depending on what other systems your company is using) but we actually store all of our files locally in our Document Management System (DMS). When sharing documents loaded in the DMS, a tiny pointer file called an NRL is created (the file name is typically DocumentNumber_DocumentName.nrl).. The file is tiny (1k) since all it holds is a pointer URL back to our DMS. We upload the NRL file to Workfront and as long as you are on the network (physically or via VPN), opening the file in Workfront opens it in the DMS. The nice thing is you can load anything this way, including e-mails. Now, not sure if your company has a DMS or if it has the ability to reference things with a pointer file like ours does, but it might be worth asking if storage is at a premium. I realize this won't work for a lot of companies that are trying to do proofing via Workfront but I figured it might help someone.

Level 9
That"s a great idea! We actually have a DAM system but it"s not connected to Workfront. Our company BOX accounts are connected and I"m trying to have users leverage that as much as possible but it doesn"t seem to be connecting with them. I"ll keep that in mind. Kimberly Rea M 401-369-4395 132 Fairgrounds Road Marketing Technology and E West Kingston, Rhode Data kimberly.rea@schneider-eletric.com Island DCE United States Global Marketing Schneider Electric (Embedded image moved to file: pic24307.jpg) *Please consider the environment before printing FB FB FB FB FB FB FB this e-mail Jason Maust GlobalForum@communitylists.workfron t.com, 06/01/2016 04:15 cc PM Subject [GlobalForum] - RE: Document Please respond to Storage globalforum@commu nitylists.workfro nt.com This may not help (depending on what other systems your company is using) but we actually store all of our files locally in our Document Management System (DMS). When sharing documents loaded in the DMS, a tiny pointer file called an NRL is created (the file name is typically DocumentNumber_DocumentName.nrl).. The file is tiny (1k) since all it holds is a pointer URL back to our DMS. We upload the NRL file to Workfront and as long as you are on the network (physically or via VPN), opening the file in Workfront opens it in the DMS. The nice thing is you can load anything this way, including e-mails. Now, not sure if your company has a DMS or if it has the ability to reference things with a pointer file like ours does, but it might be worth asking if storage is at a premium. I realize this won"t work for a lot of companies that are trying to do proofing via Workfront but I figured it might help someone. Site Links: View post online View mailing list online Start new thread via email Unsubscribe from this mailing list Manage your subscription This email has been sent to: Kimberly.Rea@schneider-electric.com __________________________