Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Document attached onto TASK

Level 10
I uploaded a document at the "task" level. However, in the 'documents' section at the project level it is shown. How can I limit the view such that only users can see this document, if they click on the task. I do not want it to show generically in the all documents view at the project level. As a work around, I created a folder and named it appropriately, and moved the document into that folder, so it can be ignored by those who don't need it and should not be seeing it. Why allow me to upload it to the "task" level, making me "think" it is task related, when that function is not special. As it stands right now, it is just an upload document to the project function. It needs to be removed. We don't need multiple upload buttons. Open for all thoughts. Thanks for your suggestions. Benetta Perry APS
2 Replies

Level 8
This functionality is actually a key bonus. Documents added at a task/issue level are visible at that level, but also visible at the project level. What this means is that if you have a project plan with 200 tasks and 12 issues, you can go to documents at the project level and see what's been added n the last week (or day) regardless of where in the project it sits. If you do want to look at just the documents for a specific task/issue, navigate to that task/issue and look at documents from there. You won't see the rest of the project documents - just the ones added to that task/issue. Permissions to see documents are different to the storage location. You can restrict (and if you're using Agile, permissions aren't automatically granted so the project owner might not see a document someone else adds unless the uploader takes action to share it. That's annoying). Barry Buchanan Work Management Australia

Level 10
my team have had a hard struggle with this one, and there's no winning. The key functionality we're missing is a good process for how to upload a version to an existing file. Our entire project revolves around the same set of documents and their revisions. We have the same two options that you do. Option 1: everyone uploads to their task Option 2: everyone uploads to the project documents folder 1) Having everyone upload to their task works ONE TIME -- for the first upload. After that, if you have to upload a new version, you have to go to the project's documents folder, locate the file, and add the new version to that. Or, if your wish is granted, and the file is not visible at the project level, then you have to comb through the 200 tasks in order to locate the file and add a new version. 2) Having everyone upload to the project is a fairer more consistent way to go for us. This way, a worker does not have to remember whether this is the time they can upload to the task, or whether they now have to upload to the project. -skye -skye