Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Disable auto planned completion date on issues.

Level 5

Does anyone know how we can disable the planned completion date from defaulting to the entry date/time? I know we can put in a default duration of 1 day etc, but we would actually prefer it to either come in blank or to default to the date added in a custom field. (on specific issues only). Looking back at several existing issues and they have "not available" in the planned completion date field. That would be perfect for this need but I cannot find any setting on it that makes it behave that way. Plus if I enter an issue now on that same project it auto creates a planned completion date... Any ideas?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 2

In the New Experience you can suppress native fields such as Planned Completion Date by way of layout templates. You could then create a custom field that defaults to blank or "N/A" .

Level 5

For my use I needed to use the standard Planned Completion Date because that field notified the project owners when it was changed. (we have a process that requires this)

What I was able to uncover was that the default duration in the Queue Topic was causing our planned completion dates. That field needed to be blank for the issue to generate without a planned completion date.