Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Default Hour Type on tasks

Level 2

It doesn't look like it's an option, but I've had requests from users to have default hour types on tasks on a project. We're using the hour type to code what type of time the task is associated with and some tasks are always a certain type of time. It would be a much better user experience to not have to select the hour type every time and have it done by default when it's always the same. Anyone know of a way to do this that I'm not seeing?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 5

HI @Keaton Beyer‚ - to my knowledge, you can not auto set hour types based on the task. You can set a default hour typer for individual users but not for tasks . I would LOVEE that feature so if you want to create the idea in the idea exchange, I would vote on it and express how much this feature is needed. I get asked this all the time and it is definitely something that many people would love and it would really improve the user experience. Right now, we have it default to "Task Time" and then have reports setup to show us who didn't update the hour type and it can mess up reporting because you are not getting real time data as users who forget to update it right away need to go back at a later time and update.