Expand my Community achievements bar.

Custom Forms + Which Object + Why can't we attach it where we need it?

Level 1

I'm struggling desperately to find cohesive training on the WF site to help us understand to which object is best suited for a new custom form. And, once created, how to get it to show up in the "Requests" view for our Portfolio or Project.

Is there not something on the site to give a thorough, end-to-end, training on this? I've seen a couple videos, read all the "create a custom form" pages, but nothing explains the whole OBJECT selection and then how to get it to show up on the requests panel.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Employee

Hi, Jennifer!

We're working on new custom form training classes for Workfront One, but right now you can find the course on Workfront Ascent: https://customer-workfront.bridgeapp.com/learner/courses/d3549953/enroll

You will need a login to access the course, so if you don't have one yet, contact our customer support team at 844.306.4357.

When you create a custom form, the "object" is the type of item you want to attach the form to. So if you want the form to appear on a project, you select project as you start creating a form.

Then, of course, you need to attach the custom form to the item.

To attach a custom form on a request (made in the Requests area of Workfront), you'll use the issue object type (because a request is handled as an issue in Workfront's code) when making the form. Then you attach the custom form to either the request queue itself or a queue topic.

Then if you take that request and convert it into a project, you'll want to have a project version of that same custom form. That way the request information transfers over to the project.

I'm not sure what your "Requests" view is. A view written to show information from the request? If that's the case, once the custom form is created, you'll find those custom form fields in the field sources/field names when setting up filters, views, and groupings. Just like you can find the project name, task status, etc.

Hope that helps. If you get stuck somewhere, please contact our customer support team 24/7 at 844.306.4357.