Expand my Community achievements bar.

Custom Forms - Add Field

Level 1
I want to add a field to a custom form. The field should be a lookup field that looks up people, so I can make it be the person on the team who is the project lead (not the owner of the project). Has anyone done this and can you tell me how? Thanks in advance. Donna Donna Liotta National Safety Council
5 Replies

Level 10
Hi Donna, I want to be able to do that too, and it's been on the wish-list of various other Workfront customers for quite a while. I was only just discussing this topic with @Juan Holtzhausen from WMA this week. It would be super useful to be able to lookup and select a real user on a custom form. The only workaround is to create your own custom field and maintain it with users' names as they are added to the system, though we have only resorted to doing this a couple of times for smaller groups of users. Am pretty sure there is something on the Idea Exchange if you want to go and vote for it. Regards, David Cornwell

Level 2
Hi Donna and David, Just in case you are not aware, in the Idea Exchange there is an idea that seems to be about the same product enhancement that you are discussing here. To increase the number of votes of the idea and increase the chances of the enhancement in question to be implemented soon, please visit the Idea Exchange and vote for "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115001887808-Pull-Users-into-Custom-Forms">PULL USERS INTO CUSTOM FORMS . Thanks and Kind Regards, Mariam Paronyan, PMP Product Manager Workfront

Level 10
Thanks @Mariam Paronyan - I've added my vote. Looks pretty close to getting a response....pretty sure it would be a home run if you could enable this feature. David Cornwell

Level 2
Upvoted. Sandra Ellaneous Thomson Reuters Elite