Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

custom form checkbox fields represented in a chart

Level 10
On our custom form, we have checkbox field that list all deliverables. I realized that Workfront won't let you simply group checkbox fields unless you do it through textmode which I've done and had grouped the stuff I need in the detail screen. Except I want to go further and make a chart of it. What I'm getting though is just one No Value summary instead of what's grouped in the detail screen. Maybe my textmode grouping is incorrect or checkbox chart is just not possible? group.0.linkedname=direct group.0.name= group.0.notime=true group.0.querysort=DE:Deliverables group.0.valuefield=Deliverables group.0.valueformat=customDataLabelsAsString textmode=true Help?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 5
Workfront doesn't let you chart multi-select elements. My usual workaround is to create a calculated field called Calculated FieldName with the Calculation: IF(CONTAINS(", ",FieldName),"Multiple",FieldName) So if there is a comma (ie more then one value), call it multiple, else just the single value from the checkbox. This can then be used to group and chart. Melinda Layten mlayten@gmail.com Independent Workfront Consultant

Level 10
Hi Melinda, this is very helpful - it works beautifully.

Level 4
@Polly Co I realize this thread is rather old, but I am trying to do the exact same thing and was hoping you could show me your text mode. I am trying to accomplish the exact same thing, except my field is "DE:Solutions Being Implemented" opposed to "DE:Deliverables". Unfortunately, I'm not as adept to all the reporting formulas. I do much better with examples. If you can show my your IF(CONTAINS text I would appreciate it and then I can reverse engineer it. Jaclyn Reiter, PMP, SA Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives Equifax, Inc. St. Louis, MO 314-684-2693

Level 10
@Jaclyn Reiter , LOL - so long ago that I don't think I've kept that report so kinda had to figure out what this meant to me. What happened was that when you try to chart a checkbox, it just says No Value. Melinda's workaround is you add a calculated field on your custom form so that anything that is of multiple value will show up as multiple and any single checkbox item will show as itself on the calculated field. This is then what you chart - the calculated field. So on your custom form, open a calculated field called TEST for example, then put in: IF(CONTAINS(", ",Solutions Being Implemented),"Multiple",Solutions Being Implemented) Mind, might be best to pull in Solutions Being Implemented from the search field box as calculations don't seem to read typed in field names. On your report, you can now then use TEST on the report to chart. However, the issue with this is the historical value. If the calculated field is just put in now, it won't calculate past values unless you go in and resave the custom form. Eg, I put this in an issue custom form and nothing shows up on this field so I had to go and resave the form to ensure that new calculated field works. Might not be as useful unless you plan to use it for going forward data. Regards. Polly Co

Level 4
I sure appreciate you re-familiarizing yourself with this report to get back to me. I was able to get this to work when creating a new Calculated Custom Field with this formula, then recalculating custom expressions. However, when I try writing the formula in the report, it never populates any data which is baffling to me. So, I think I'm experiencing the overall issue, but I sure appreciate you helping me. At least I am able to come up with a work around that will work, even if not the most convenient. So, THANK YOU!

Level 10
You don't write the formula on the report - you just pick up the new calculated field on the report to use instead of the original field you wanted to use for charting. Polly Co