Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Custom Column Not Exporting into Excel

Level 2
We have a task report that has some custom programming for one column only - to pull in the actual name of the person assigned to a task. When we try to export the report to excel, all of the columns and their data transfer except for the one column with the programming. We get the column header, but no data/names appear in the cells, they're all blank. Any suggestions? Carrie Downing Kindred Healthcare Company
1 Reply

Level 7
Did you happen to change the custom "Designer" field in any way AFTER you had created the Workfront report and exported to Excel? Reason why I ask is that I had something similar happen to me a couple of weeks ago. We had a field on a custom form that was set up as a Number field but then we switched it to a Text field. However, in the meantime, a manager ran a Workfront report pulling in that field, exported to Excel and got no data in that field. The manager had pulled in the 'old' field before we made the admin change from Number to Text. So to solve this, I went into the Workfront report and removed and re-added the custom field and then exported to Excel and the data was there. Not sure if this is the same thing that is happening with your report, but thought I would mention this in case it helps out. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services