Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Creating a Chart for a Multi-Select Custom Field

Level 1

Using the "Group and chart a report by a multi-select custom field," knowledge article, I created a chart using a calculated field that points to a multi-select custom field.

Instead of the pie chart containing a pie piece for each individual value contained in the multi-select field, the pie pieces contain combinations of values from the field. For example:

• Where we would like to see individual pie pieces for:
    • Accountant - 3
    • Broker - 2
    • Partner - 1
    • Prospect - 4
  • We are actually seeing pie pieces for:
    • Accountant, Prospect - 1
    • Broker, Prospect - 1
    • Accountant, Broker, Prospect - 1
    • Accountant, Partner, Prospect - 1

Has anyone attempted this before? Did I not follow the instructions correctly - or is there another way to produce the intended result of displaying a single pie piece for each unique value in the multi-select custom field?

@Josh Blackwood‚

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Jessica,

Each data row behind a pie chart can belong to only one slice, which I suspect explains what you are actually seeing: 4 rows across 4 unique combinations of the Multi Select values.

To get what you would like to see, one approach would be to instead create a separate chart for each unique multi-select value (e.g. Accountant Chart) and filter for the related multi-select condition of interest (e.g. "Accountant" selected), to then return all of the rows that match (e.g. 3).

Regards,

Doug

Level 1

Hi,

I have the exact same problem, the separate chart idea works, but has anyone found a workaround for this solution to display the data in a single chart ? its a much nicer experience.