Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Could anyone tell me about your media/ad buy process using Workfront?

Level 2

I'm looking for suggestions on media/ad buys and/or insertion orders in Workfront or an API connection that you're using for this. I'm thinking I could create a custom form or a report that could be used to export the details then once it's approved, a billing record with the media expenses could be added. This is completely new to my team so any recommendations will be helpful.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi everyone!

I'm the Digital Marketing Manager here at Workfront, and I own the build and execution of all things paid media here.

The way we utilize Workfront to manage and execute our ad campaigns, as a whole, starts with creating a Project of the overall campaign process. We have Tasks starting with Strategy, Planning and Execution, for example. A lot of the Subtasks tied to these initial Tasks are utilized more as a To-Do list with the ability to assign these tasks to the correct people with the appropriate timeframe and due dates to execute on these tasks. The way we are currently utilizing Workfront to populate Insertion Orders is not through a custom form within the platform, because we utilize Google Campaign Manager to create and populate these IOs so we can seamlessly execute the campaign to the Trafficking side of Google Campaign Manager. We are utilizing Workfront as more as a To-Do list to execute on this task, assigning the appropriate person to Create the IO, to Approve the IO and to Sign the IO, and we capture the conversation via Workfront on any updates needed to be made, if the paperwork was approved, etc. Same process for POs, as we have another external system we utilize to create POs. The integrations and forms we utilize within Workfront for paid media, is the Campaign Central form which utilizes the Fusion product to seamlessly create tracking for the campaign by tying our Adobe Analytics, Marketo and Salesforce systems to unique campaign programs and creating unique URL appends for granular campaign tracking within seconds.

Hope this helps answer your questions!

Thanks,

Olivia

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 7

I have the exact same question. We are in the process of doing this too and it is entirely new to us.

Level 7

We are looking for similar suggestions/guidance. We want to create purchase orders based on job estimates and include fields that exist in WF then export into PDF. We need to be able to do several POs off of one project though.

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi everyone!

I'm the Digital Marketing Manager here at Workfront, and I own the build and execution of all things paid media here.

The way we utilize Workfront to manage and execute our ad campaigns, as a whole, starts with creating a Project of the overall campaign process. We have Tasks starting with Strategy, Planning and Execution, for example. A lot of the Subtasks tied to these initial Tasks are utilized more as a To-Do list with the ability to assign these tasks to the correct people with the appropriate timeframe and due dates to execute on these tasks. The way we are currently utilizing Workfront to populate Insertion Orders is not through a custom form within the platform, because we utilize Google Campaign Manager to create and populate these IOs so we can seamlessly execute the campaign to the Trafficking side of Google Campaign Manager. We are utilizing Workfront as more as a To-Do list to execute on this task, assigning the appropriate person to Create the IO, to Approve the IO and to Sign the IO, and we capture the conversation via Workfront on any updates needed to be made, if the paperwork was approved, etc. Same process for POs, as we have another external system we utilize to create POs. The integrations and forms we utilize within Workfront for paid media, is the Campaign Central form which utilizes the Fusion product to seamlessly create tracking for the campaign by tying our Adobe Analytics, Marketo and Salesforce systems to unique campaign programs and creating unique URL appends for granular campaign tracking within seconds.

Hope this helps answer your questions!

Thanks,

Olivia