Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Correct filter for "Projects I'm On"

Level 3
I don't know if I'm missing something obvious, but I want to use whatever filter is used for the "Projects I'm On" tab in a report format. I've looked at the filter in that tab and I don't see any filter that would define this. Can anyone tell me if this is possible and, if so, what is the proper filter definition would be? Basically, I'm looking to filter all the projects where the user viewing the report has at least one task assigned to them. Steve Teitelbaum Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae)
2 Replies

Level 4
Steve, The first thing to know is that the "Projects I'm On" tab is bring in all projects where you are on the staffing tab...you are on the project even though you may not be assigned a task or issue. There are many ways to get on the staffing tab, sometimes this happens because you are on the staffing tab of a template and therefore are part of every project created from that template, which could have been unintentional. I wanted to let this because you actually asked for two different things when you wanted to mirror the "Projects I'm On" tab but then you said you wanted to filter all projects where the user is assigned at least one task. With this being said, here are the two options you have: Option 1: To mirror exactly the "Projects I'm On" tab, you can do a project report and do the following filter: Project Users Name equals $$USERID Don't forget to also do a filter on Project Status if you don't want completed projects to show up. Option 2: To get all projects where I am assigned a task, the easiest way is to create a task report, grouped by project name and filter is Assignment Users Name equals $$USERID I know you can do a project report and do a collections filter to bring in all projects where the user is the "Assigned To" on a task but if you assign more than 1 person to a task, this will not bring in everyone...the "Assigned To" is the owner of a task and there can be only one owner of a task. There are smarter people out there who may know of a way to do the collections filter on Assignment Users but I can't get that to work. I hope this helps! Thanks, David DAVID A. TAYLOR Founder & Managing Consultant

Level 3
David- Thanks! I was on the right track, but you straightened me out. steve Steve Teitelbaum Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae)