Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Copying a Task from one project to another

Level 7
so, we created a bunch of projects and then needed to update template. (new tasks AND queue topics). I am manually going into each project to make updates since the changes came after they were converted...tedious but... question: when you copy the task over is there a way to have the project you copied task to open as opposed to staying on project you copied from? counterintuitive and sooo many clicks - it's more likely you have to update "copied to" project. ALSO - i haven't been able to figure out how to copy task to same spot - it doesn't have a parent task but I don't get predecessor list to choose from either? thanks for any insight, Tegwyn Stockdale Production Coordinator / WF Admin BayCare Clearwater, Florida Baycare Health System, Inc.
3 Replies

Level 10
I'm not sure about the task copying question, but I do know this... I once had a template suddenly have a queue topic list that needed to be propagated to a large number of existing projects. Opening each project and setting up queue topics is painful. If you attach a template that has queue topics and routing rules, to an existing project, all of those queue topics and routing rules get added automatically. Narayan Raum Workfront Delivery Lead - SunTrust Bank https:// wf-pro .com for Text Mode & More

Level 7
Thank you Narayan ! I should have done that -- depending on progress I went about it couple ways but all of them were prob more involved than what you suggest. (we also had some people "copy" projects- a no no here-so we had some older to more recent, yet incomplete, versions and I never knew what I was gonna see lol) Happy Friday ! Tegwyn Stockdale Production Coordinator / PM BayCare Clearwater, Florida Baycare Health System, Inc.

Community Advisor
This right here is why I read the Community Digest daily. We set up routing rules and queue topics for new campaigns, so we're setting up new ones on a pretty regular basis. We had no idea we could do that from a template. You just saved me a boatload of time!!! Thank you @Narayan Raum